Refrigeration Service Engineer (NO AGENCIES)
Thermal Exchange is one of the UK’s leading process cooling experts, providing both standard and bespoke engineered equipment for a variety of industrial, medical and scientific applications. Established in 1982, we are a fast-growing SME and are part of the highly successful SDI group of companies. Due to continued growth combined with an ambitious expansion plan, we are currently looking to recruit an experienced refrigeration service engineer. This role is perceived as an important position within the organisation, key to developing the companies service support ability.
This will be a factory-based role to provide skilled refrigeration services at base and on customer sites in and around Mainland UK.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
– Carrying out maintenance, repair, commissioning and service support to a
wide range of Water Chillers and Temperature Control equipment.
– Communicating technical information and site requirements back to the office.
– Mechanical / electrical fault-finding.
– Liaising and developing working relationships with the customer.
– Completion of relevant paperwork; including but not limited to; Service Reports, Tick Sheets, Risk Assessments etc.
You will be familiar with current Health and Safety legislation and capable of producing risk assessments carried out in accordance with the Company’s internal procedures.
– The Service Engineer position will work alongside the Service Manager who is responsible for the logistical / coordination of the work to both ensure jobs are carried out in a methodical and practical order. You will report directly to the Managing Director / Operations Manager.
– Preferred academic qualifications should include Level 2/3 City & Guilds or
equivalent in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning and Safe Refrigerant
– Full Clean Driving Licence, F Gas Certificate valid for minimum 1 year
– Applicants should preferably have previous experience of Service Management and must have a good fundamental knowledge of refrigeration, water chillers and industry practices and have the ability to carry out maintenance, repairs, commissioning and service.
– Dealing with customers and the ability to communicate technical
information and site requirements back to the office.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Basic salary up to £30k dependant on experience
- Enhanced overtime rates for evenings and weekends
- All travel time paid door to door
- 20 days annual leave
- Company phone and van
- Company Health Scheme – after 6 months
- Product training provided at UK site based in Leicester.